Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 20, 2009

Today I freaked out because I thought I lost my passport. I basically ripped my house apart for an hour. This was the first time I realized how important my passport was for the rest of my travel plans for the summer. It has my Vietnam Visa in it and it will get me out of South Africa at the end of my trip. I was not so much concerned about getting out of the country but I was concerned about Vietnam because it take 3 weeks to process a new visa and another $100. Since I am living on a budget and all my trips are right after the other, I would have been screwed. Liese kept asking me if I need help as I was panicking but I only brought so much stuff and I had already gone through all of it. Finally I just sat down on my bed and inhaled, trying to think back to time I last saw it. Then I found it! It was between the pages of one my books. Thank GOD! I showed up to work so late but I felt like I had a really good excuse...

Work was not work today.... When I arrived the internet was down for almost three hours so nobody was doing any work. We were mostly just sitting and chatting. There was a bake sale on the third floor of our building so we all went upstairs instead of working and had some treats. Then my coworker Ellie took us on a hike. The entire early childhood development office left and walked up to the University of Cape Town. We were given a tour of the campus and than taken on a hike in the woods behind the university. It was beautiful. It was my favorite view in Cape Town. It was overall a very relaxing day besides my hectic morning raid for my passport.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you found your passport. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you would listen to your mommy you would not have lost 5 minutes off your life looking for your passport. Use your purse, use your purse, use your purse!!!!! Pleezzzzzz

    Well it was a funny story anyway, I laughed as I imagined you tearing up the house, because Britt you get freaky when you can't find something. Like Sybil.

    LOL

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have been pretty good about keeping up with my stuff.

    ReplyDelete